please follow our terms
A. Visage Payroll GENERAL TERMS OF SERVICE. Please review these Terms of Service ("Agreement") thoroughly. This agreement is a legal agreement between you and Visage Payroll. By clicking "I AGREE," indicating acceptance electronically, accessing or using the Services, you agree to these terms. If you do not agree to this Agreement, then do not indicate acceptance of the Agreement, and do not use the Services.
- 1. AGREEMENT
- 1.1 This Agreement describes the terms governing your use of the Visage Payroll services provided to you on this website, including content, updates and new releases, (collectively, the "Services"). It includes by reference:
- Visage Payroll's Privacy Statement available on this website or provided to you in writing for the Services you selected.
- Additional Terms and Conditions for the Services that you have selected, including from third parties.
- Third Party Privacy Statement provided to you in writing for the Services you selected.
- Any terms provided separately to you for the Services, including for example, web or email product or program terms, ordering, activation, pricing and payment terms, if applicable, for the Services.
- 2. YOUR RIGHT TO USE THE SERVICES AND RESTRICTIONS
- 2.1 The Services are protected by copyright, trade secret, and other intellectual property laws. You are only granted the right to use the Services, and we reserve all rights of ownership in the Services not granted to you in writing here. As long as you meet any applicable payment obligations and comply with this Agreement, Visage Payroll grants to you a personal, limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable right to use the Services that is valid only for the period of use provided in the ordering and activation terms, and only for the purposes described by Visage Payroll on the website for the Services.
- 2.2 You agree not to use the Services or content on this website in a manner that violates any applicable law, regulation or this Agreement. For example, unless authorized by Visage Payroll in writing, you agree you will not:
- Provide access to or give any part of the Services to any third party.
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, deconstruct, sell, trade or resell the Services.
- Attempt to access any other Visage Payroll systems that are not part of these Services.
- Excessively overload the Visage Payroll systems used to provide the Services.
- If you violate any of these terms, this Agreement and your right to use the Services may be terminated by Visage Payroll in its sole discretion.
- 3. YOUR PRIVACY AND PERSONAL INFORMATION.
You can view Visage Payroll's Privacy Statement on the Visage Payroll website, or via a link on the website for the Services you have selected. You agree to be bound by the applicable Visage Payroll Privacy Statement, subject to change in accordance with its terms. Most importantly, you agree:
- To Visage Payroll maintaining your data according to the Visage Payroll Privacy Statement, as part of the Services.
- To give Visage Payroll permission to aggregate your non-personally identifiable data which you enter or upload with that of other users of the Service. By way of example, this means that Visage Payroll may use that aggregated data to improve services, design promotions, or provide ways for you to compare business practices with other users.
- Visage Payroll is a global company and may access or store personal information in multiple countries, including countries outside of the European Union that may be deemed to have inadequate protections by European Union Data Protection Authorities. When you agree to these Terms of Service, you agree to this practice.
- 4. CONTENT
- 4.1 You are responsible for your content. You are legally responsible for all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials ("Content") uploaded, posted or stored through your use of the Services. You grant Visage Payroll a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to host and use the Content in order to provide you with the Services. You agree not use the Services for any illegal purpose or in violation of any applicable local, state, federal or international law. You are encouraged to archive your Content regularly and frequently. You are responsible for any Content that may be lost or unrecoverable through your use of the Services. You must provide all required and appropriate warnings, information and disclosure. You agree that you will not use the Services to share, store, or in any way distribute financial data that is not in accordance with the law. Any users suspected of having information which involves fraud, embezzlement, money laundering, insider trading, support for terrorism, or any other activity proscribed by law may have their accounts terminated, their financial data erased, and they also may be reported to law enforcement officials in the appropriate jurisdictions. Visage Payroll is not responsible for the Content or data you submit on the website. You agree not to use the Services to upload, post, distribute, link to, publish, reproduce, engage in or transmit any of the following, including but not limited to:
- Illegal, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, threatening, abusive, hateful, harassing , offensive, inappropriate or objectionable information or communications of any kind, including without limitation conduct that would encourage or constitute an attack or "flaming" others, or criminal or civil liability under any local, state, federal or foreign law;
- Content or data that would impersonate someone else or falsely represent your identity or qualifications, or that constitutes a breach of any individual's privacy, including posting images about children or any third party without their consent (or a parent's consent in the case of a minor);
- Except as otherwise permitted by Visage Payroll in writing, advertisements, solicitations, investment opportunities, chain letters, pyramid schemes, other unsolicited commercial communication or engage in spamming or flooding;
- Virus, trojan horse, worm or other disruptive or harmful software or data; and
- Any information, software or Content which is not legally yours and may be protected by copyright or other proprietary right, or derivative works, without permission from the copyright owner or intellectual property rights owner.
- 4.2 Community forums. The Services may include a community forum to exchange information with other users of the Services and the public. Please use respect when you interact with other users. Visage Payroll does not support and is not responsible for the accuracy of others' content in these community forums. Do not reveal information in the community forum that you do not want to make public. Users may post hypertext links to content hosted and maintained by third parties for which Visage Payroll is not responsible.
- 4.3 We may freely use feedback you provide. You agree that Visage Payroll may use your feedback, suggestions, or ideas in any way, including in future modifications of the Services, other products or services, advertising or marketing materials. You grant Visage Payroll a perpetual, worldwide, fully transferable, sublicensable, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty free license to use the feedback you provide to Visage Payroll in any way. Visage Payroll will not sell, publish or share your feedback in a way that could identify you without your explicit permission.
- 4.4 We may monitor your content from time to time. We may, but have no obligation to, monitor content on the Services. We may disclose any information necessary or appropriate to satisfy our legal obligations, protect us or our customers, or operate the Services properly. We, in our sole discretion, may refuse to post, remove, or refuse to remove, any Content, in whole or in part, alleged to be unacceptable, undesirable, inappropriate, or in violation of this Agreement.
- 5. ADDITIONAL TERMS YOU AGREE TO
- 5.1 Visage Payroll does not give professional advice. Visage Payroll is not in the business of providing legal, financial, accounting, employment, health care, real estate or other professional services or advice. Consult the services of a competent professional when you need this type of assistance.
- 5.2 Visage Payroll services. You may be offered other services, features, products, applications, online communities, or promotions provided by Visage Payroll ("Visage Payroll Services"). If you decide to use any of these Visage Payroll Services or products, additional terms and conditions and separate fees may apply. You acknowledge that in accessing some Visage Payroll Services you may upload or enter data such as names, addresses and phone numbers, purchases, and other data to the Internet. You grant Visage Payroll permission to use information you provide and about your experience so we can provide the Visage Payroll Services to you, monitor and analyze your use of the services, maintain and update your data, and address errors or service interruptions. We may use this data to improve services, enhance future services, identify potentially relevant offers to you, and produce anonymous research data. You grant Visage Payroll permission to combine the data you have entered or uploaded with that of others in a way that does not identify you or any individual personally. You also grant Visage Payroll permission to share or publish summary results relating to such research data and to distribute or license such data to third parties.
- 5.3 We may tell you about third party products or services. Subject to the Visage Payroll Privacy Statement, Visage Payroll may offer products and services on behalf of third parties who are not affiliated with Visage Payroll ("Third Party Products") or the Services may contain links to third party websites ("Third Party Sites"). You agree that Visage Payroll can use your contact information, including name and address, for the purpose of offering these products to you in accordance with your stated Visage Payroll contact preferences. If you decide to use any Third Party Products or access any Third Party Sites, you are responsible for reviewing the third party's separate product terms, website terms and privacy policies. You agree that the third parties, and not Visage Payroll, are responsible for their product's performance and the content on their websites. Visage Payroll is not affiliated with these Third Party Products or Third Party Sites and has no liability for them.
- 5.4 Communications choices. Visage Payroll may be required by law to send you communications about the Services or Third Party Products. You agree that we may send these communications to you via email or by posting them on one of our sponsored websites. We may also send business communications, such as confirmations or notices that will be delivered to you via email or posted on our websites. You are required to receive these communications. Please review the Privacy Statement or follow instructions on the communication.
- 5.5 You will track your passwords and accept updates. You are responsible for securely managing your password(s) for access to the Services. If you become aware of any unauthorized access to your Services account, theft or loss of your password, you agree to contact Visage Payroll as soon as possible. The Services may periodically be updated with tools, utilities, improvements, third party applications, or general updates to improve and enhance the features and performance of the Services. You agree to receive these updates automatically as part of the Services.
- 6. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- 6.1 YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES,SOFTWARE, AND CONTENT IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED IN THIS AGREEMENT, THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS." TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, VISAGE PAYROLL, ITS AFFILIATES, AND ITS THIRD PARTY SERVICE OR DATA PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, DISTRIBUTORS OR SUPPLIERS (COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS, "SUPPLIERS") DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES ARE FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, DATA LOSS, NON-INTERFERENCE WITH OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, OR THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY OR CONTENT IN OR LINKED TO THE SERVICES. VISAGE PAYROLL AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES ARE SECURE, FREE FROM BUGS, VIRUSES, INTERRUPTION, ERRORS, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION. IF THE EXCLUSIONS FOR IMPLIED WARRANTIES DO NOT APPLY TO YOU, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED TO 40 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE OR DELIVERY OF THE SERVICES, WHICHEVER IS SOONER.
- 6.2 VISAGE PAYROLL AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL SATISFY OR ENSURE COMPLIANCE WITH ANY LEGAL OBLIGATIONS OR LAWS OR REGULATIONS. THIS DISCLAIMER APPLIES TO BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO THE HEALTH INSURANCE PORTABILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY ACT OF 1774 ("HIPAA"), THE GRAMM-LEACH-BLILEY ACT OF 1777, THE SARBANES-OXLEY ACT OF 2002, OR OTHER FEDERAL OR STATE STATUTES OR REGULATIONS. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAW.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY.
You agree to indemnify and hold Visage Payroll and its Affiliates and Suppliers harmless from any and all claims, liability and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of your use of the Services or breach of this Agreement (collectively referred to as "Claims"). Visage Payroll reserves the right, in its sole discretion and at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any Claims. You agree to reasonably cooperate as requested by Visage Payroll in the defense of any Claims.
8. CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SERVICES.
We may change this Agreement from time to time, and the changes will be effective when posted on our website for the Services or when we notify you by other means. Please review the Agreement periodically on this website for changes. We have the right to change any of the terms of this Agreement upon reasonable notice to you. We may also change or discontinue the Services, in whole or in part, including but not limited to, the Internet based services, pricing, technical support options, and other product-related policies. Your continued use of the Services after Visage Payroll posts or otherwise notifies you of any changes, indicates your agreement to the changes.
Visage Payroll may immediately and without notice terminate this Agreement or suspend the Services provided to you, if you fail to comply with these terms or if you no longer agree to receive electronic communications (see Section 5.4). Upon termination, you must immediately stop using the Services and any outstanding payments will become due. Any termination of this Agreement shall not affect Visage Payroll's rights to any payments due to it. Visage Payroll may terminate a free account at any time. Other requirements regarding termination or cancellation of the Services may apply based on the specific ordering terms for the Services provided to you. Sections 1.2, 5, 6 through 13 will survive and remain in effect even if the Agreement is terminated, cancelled or rescinded.
10. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS.
You acknowledge that this website, the Services, and the underlying software may include U.S. technical data subject to restrictions under export control laws and regulations administered by the United States government. You agree that you will comply with these laws and regulations, and will not export or re-export the Services, or any part of the Services, in violation of these laws and regulations, directly or indirectly. You also agree not to provide access to any part of the Services to anyone who you have reason to know may use the Services in the development of nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons.
11. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION.
Visage Payroll does not represent that information on the website for the Services is appropriate or available for use in all countries. Visage Payroll prohibits accessing materials from countries or states where contents are illegal. You are accessing this website on your own initiative and you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
Any translation of this Agreement is done for local requirements and in the event of a dispute between the English and any non-English version, the English version of this Agreement shall govern. The parties hereby confirm that they have requested that this Agreement and all related documents be drafted in English. Les parties ont exig que le pr sent contrat et tous les documents connexes soient r dig s en anglais.
This Agreement is the entire agreement between you and Visage Payroll and replaces all prior understandings, communications and agreements, oral or written, regarding its subject matter. This Agreement may be modified only by a written amendment signed by the parties or as provided in this Agreement in Section 10 above. If any court of law, having the jurisdiction, rules that any part of this Agreement is invalid, that section will be removed without affecting the remainder of the Agreement. The remaining terms will be valid and enforceable. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to this Agreement. You cannot assign or transfer ownership of this Agreement to anyone without the prior written approval of Visage Payroll. However, Visage Payroll may assign or transfer it without your consent to (a) an Affiliate, (b) another company through a sale of assets by Visage Payroll or (c) a successor by merger. Any assignment in violation of this Section shall be void.
- 1. TERMS APPLICABLE TO VISAGE PAYROLL
- 1.1 USE LIMITATIONS. IMPORTANT NOTICE. IF YOU ARE USING THE VISAGE PAYROLL SERVICE, THE FOLLOWING TERMS APPLY TO YOU IN ADDITION TO THE GENERAL TERMS OF SERVICE ABOVE. Capitalized terms not otherwise defined below have the meanings provided in the General Terms of Service.
- A. Visage Payroll. The Service may only be used for its intended purpose of calculating payroll and its associated liabilities for your business and making related payroll and tax payments or tax filings electronically. The Service also may be used for preparing and filing federal Form 1099-MISC for contractors, if you choose. You may not use the Service on a professional basis for anyone other than you.
- 1.2 The Service does not include calculation of deductions or taxes other than those that apply only to payroll, nor does it include backup withholding on payments to contractors, nor does it include calculation or reporting of penalties or interest on delinquent tax payments. Depending on the type of Service you request, you may need to complete and sign additional forms or authorizations that we will provide to you as required by law or otherwise necessary to provide the Service.
- 1.3 You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your User ID, password, and any applicable challenge questions (Security Devices) according to the rules and guidelines that have been provided to you. If you grant access to your account to one or more additional users, you are responsible for ensuring that they maintain the confidentiality of their respective User IDs, passwords, and challenge questions, and comply with all terms and conditions of this Agreement. You are responsible for (i) all actions taken on the Services Web site using your Security Devices, whether or not authorized by you, and (ii) any transactions resulting from your failure to maintain the confidentiality of the Security Devices. You agree that your User ID and password have the same effect as your written signature authorizing electronic payments, filings and other actions on the Services Web site. You may change your Security Devices in accordance with the procedures provided on the Services Web site. You agree to notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your Security Devices. You acknowledge and agree that the Security Devices are intended to confirm authenticity of your instructions and not to detect errors in the contents or transmission of your instructions, and that the Security Devices are a commercially reasonable means of authentication for your business. You represent and warrant to us that you are authorized to use the Service on behalf of the business identified in your Services account (including authorization to pay us fees and to make electronic payments or filings on behalf of the business, if applicable) and to make on behalf of the business the representations and commitments required of the business by this Agreement and the Web site.
- 1.4 The Service does not include obtaining your access to the Internet for connecting to the Service. You acknowledge that the operation and availability of the communications systems used for accessing and interacting with the Service (e.g., the public telephone computer networks and the Internet) or to transmit information to the taxing authorities can be unpredictable and may, from time to time, interfere with or prevent access to the Service or its operation. We are not in any way responsible for any such interference with or prevention of your use of or access to the Service. When the Internet is not available, you must contact customer support by telephone or by other means for instructions on how to calculate paychecks for your employees and make tax payments and filings.
- 2. Fees
If we cannot collect fees due to credit limits on your credit card or any other reason, or if you sign up for electronic payment options and we cannot collect amounts due because of insufficient funds in your account or any other reason, you must pay the amount due immediately upon demand, plus our exceptions processing fees, plus any bank fees or charges for return items, plus interest at the lesser of 16% annually or the maximum allowed by law, plus attorney's fees and other costs of collection as allowed by law. In addition, we may terminate this Agreement, discontinue the Service (either entirely, or only with respect to electronic payment options, in our sole discretion) and avail ourselves of any other available remedy. We may make appropriate reports to credit reporting agencies, financial institutions, tax agencies and law enforcement authorities, and cooperate with them in any resulting investigation or prosecution.
3. Customer Support
We provide customer support to help you set up your payroll correctly and run your payroll using the Service. Free live support may be available by telephone or online, according to our standard practices.
- 4. Payroll Accuracy Requirements
- 4.1 Our processing may include receiving and reviewing credit or similar reports on your business and its principals. Therefore the information you provide to us must be accurate and complete, otherwise the tax calculations may be wrong, and the Visage Payroll Online Payroll service may not perform correctly. Visage Payroll will not be liable for any penalty, interest or other liability that results from inaccurate or incomplete information you supply.
- 4.2 The Service may have restrictions on the number of employees for whom payroll can be processed. The Service does not include furnishing advice of deductions or providing information regarding selected local and state taxes.
- 5. Direct Deposit Option
If you use Visage Payroll you may request direct deposit ("Direct Deposit") of your employees' or contractors’ paychecks. We reserve the right to delay or decline processing Direct Deposit transactions (i) that significantly differ, in our sole opinion, from your typical payment activity or volume of payment transactions, (ii) for which sufficient funds are not available in your account, (iii) that are otherwise in violation of this Agreement or the ACH rules (described below), or (iv) that, in our sole opinion, may pose a risk of loss to us. Sign Up/Activation. The Direct Deposit service will begin after we receive and process all the information, including any credit card or bank account information, requested by the sign up form. Processing your information may include validating information such as your PIN, submitting your sign up information to third parties such as your bank, credit reporting agencies and/or other agencies we may use to validate your identity and/or credit history. We may also receive and review credit or similar reports on your business and its principals provided by such third parties. Therefore the information you provide to us must be accurate and complete or direct deposits may not be made, and we will be unable to perform the Direct Deposit service for you. Use and Restrictions. You may use Direct Deposit only for payroll direct deposits. You may fund your paychecks to your employees and contractors, as authorized by this Agreement ("Payments") by initiating electronic withdrawals within the Service from the demand deposit account of the financial institution you identified on the sign up form ("Your Account"). You may identify other financial institutions in the future to fund the direct deposit payroll payments to your employees and contractors. Under certain circumstances we may use wire draw down requests or other funding methods (collectively "Debits") to fund your payroll direct deposits. Debits may also be initiated to pay servicing fees, e.g. NSF's and reversals. When you send Payments over the Internet you will receive confirmation that the Payments were sent. However, a confirmation does not mean that your submission of Payments was error-free. If errors are detected later we may be unable to complete the submission of your Payments. We will make reasonable efforts to tell you if we cannot complete your Payments. Payments taking place after certain processing deadlines may be considered to occur on the next business day. Special processing fees may apply to some Payments. We may establish certain security limits on Payment submissions we process, such as a maximum number or dollar amount of Payments. We may change these limits from time to time and may choose not to disclose them. Your Responsibilities. You must input all required Payment information on the Services website and approve the transaction no later than 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time on the date indicated on the website. You may not cancel or change transactions after that time. You must send us your Payments before the daily cut-off time in order for them to be processed on that day. Payments sent after the cut-off time may be processed the following banking day. Debits will be charged to Your Account four business banking days before the pay date for your first payroll and one banking day thereafter, before the pay date of the applicable payroll and you must have sufficient funds in Your Account to fulfill your Payments on that date. After that, no interest or earnings will accrue to you, even if we retain amounts withdrawn for payroll taxes until they are due to the appropriate payroll tax agencies. You are solely responsible for verifying that all Payments have been received and are accurate. It is your responsibility to keep any payroll, tax or other records you may need for reference, even though we may have information about the Payments in our files. Authorization and Agreement for Direct Payments (ACH Debits). You acknowledge and agree that (i) Payments will typically go through the Automated Clearing House (the "ACH"), (ii) your Payments will be governed by the ACH rules, and (iii) the origination of ACH transactions to Your Account must comply with the provisions of U.S. law. You must indemnify and defend us against any claims or lawsuits, including attorneys' fees that arise from or result from your Payments. If we tell you that an account number or other information concerning your Payments has changed, this corrected information must be used to initiate future Payments. You authorize us to (a) initiate debit entries to Your Account and to debit the same to such account, and (b) send Payments electronically or by any other commercially accepted method to Your Account. You authorize and direct the depository financial institution that holds Your Account to (x) charge each Debit to Your Account and pay that amount to us, and (y) respond to inquiries from us regarding your information and Your Account. This authorization will remain in full force and effect until we have received written notification from you of its termination in such time and in such manner as to afford us and the depository financial institution that holds Your Account a reasonable opportunity to act on it. Representations and Warranties. You represent and warrant that (i) each person or entity to whom you send Payments has authorized the Payments and any necessary adjustments to be applied to his, her or its account, (ii) at the time any Payment is made you have no actual knowledge that the authorization has been revoked or terminated, (iii) your Payments comply with the laws that apply to them, (iv) that you have authorization to make withdrawals to Your Account and (vi) that all the information you provided to enter into the Agreement is true and correct. You warrant everything that we must warrant as an ACH Originator, and you accept any liability you or we may incur which is caused by your payment transactions. You agree that we may request, obtain and use credit reports and other information about you from third party sources. Your Account. We may refuse to process your Payments if we reasonably believe that Your Account balance is insufficient to cover the dollar amount of the Payments or for any other reason we deem reasonable. If any amount debited against you is dishonored or returned for any reason, such as, but not limited to, non-sufficient funds, account closed, inability to locate account, or reversal by you and/or your bank, we may; a) reverse any corresponding credit issued to us, you, your employees or any other party without liability to you or any other party, (b) reverse direct deposit transactions, (c) refuse to perform further Services, (d) apply any money currently held by us to any amount owed to us by you, (e) charge you a one-time insufficient funds penalty fee for each occurrence, (f) report this information to any and all credit agencies and/or financial institutions and/or (g) immediately terminate this Agreement. We may assess and collect interest at the rate of one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month (16% per annum) on any amounts owing and unpaid ten (10) days after demand. If further collection attempts are required, all of our collections costs, including any costs associated with termination of this Agreement and including but not limited to, attorney fees, where permitted by law, will be charged to you. This section shall, to the extent applicable, survive the termination of this Agreement. General. We may review your use of the Direct Deposit service, your credit status or other factors periodically, including submitting your information to third parties such as your bank, credit reporting agencies and/or other agencies used to validate your identity and/or credit history, and/or reviewing credit or similar reports on your business and its principals provided by these third parties. We may terminate your participation in the Direct Deposit service after such a review. If you (i) default in the payment of any sum of money hereunder, (ii) default in the performance of any other obligations under this Agreement, or (iii) commit an act of Bankruptcy or become the subject of any proceeding under the Bankruptcy Act or become insolvent, or if any substantial portion of your property becomes subject to levy, seizure, assignment, application for sale for or by any creditor or governmental agency, then, in any such event, we, at our option, may, upon written notice thereof, (a) terminate the Agreement, (b) declare all amounts due and to become immediately due and payable and/or (c) require you to deposit an amount equal to its average future monthly or annual processing charges to prepay for any future processing.
- 4. Mobile Device Option.
- 4.1 Use with a Mobile Device.
Mobile access to the Visage Payroll Services requires an active Visage Payroll subscription and may not be available for all mobile devices or telecommunication providers. You will need to check the Services website to ensure your mobile device and telecommunications provider is compatible with Visage Payroll. Visage Payroll is not obligated to provide a compatible version of the Services for all mobile devices or telecommunication providers, which are subject to change by Visage Payroll at any time with reasonable notice to you. Your access to the Services via a mobile device is also subject to the following: (i) telecommunications provider's rates and fees, which are your sole responsibility; and (ii) the terms of your agreement with your mobile device and your telecommunications provider. IN ADDITION TO ALL DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES SET FORTH IN THE AGREMENT, VISAGE PAYROLL MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED AS TO:
- THE OPERATION, FUNCTIONALITY, OR AVAILABILITY OF TELECOMMUNICATION SERVICES FROM YOUR PROVIDER AND ACCESS TO THE PAYDAY SERVICES AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR FROM ANY PARTICULAR LOCATION;
- ANY LOSS, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, CORRUPTION, ATTACK, VIRUSES, INTERFERENCE, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSION OF THE TELECOMMUNICATION SERVICES; AND
- ANY DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES, TIMELINESS, DELETION, MISDELIVERY OR FAILURE TO TRANSMIT ANY DATA, COMMUNICATIONS OR PERSONALIZATION SETTINGS IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE PAYDAY SERVICES.
- 4.2 Apple Requirements.
If you downloaded the Services from the Apple iTunes App Store, the following terms also apply to you:
- Acknowledgement: You acknowledge that this Agreement is between you and Visage Payroll only, and not with Apple, and Visage Payroll, not Apple, is solely responsible for the Services and the content thereof.
- Scope of License: The license granted to you for the Services is a limited, non-transferable license to use the Services on an iPhone OS Product that you own or control and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the Apple iTunes App Store Terms of Service.
- Maintenance and Support: Visage Payroll and not Apple is solely responsible for providing any maintenance and support services with respect to the Services. You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Services.
- Warranty: Visage Payroll is solely responsible for any product warranties, whether express or implied by law, to the extent not effectively disclaimed. In the event of any failure of the Services to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price for the Services to you. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Services, and any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be Visage Payroll's sole responsibility.
- Product Claims: Visage Payroll, not Apple, is responsible for addressing any user or third party claims relating to the Services or the user's possession and/or use of the Services, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the Services fail to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- Intellectual Property Rights: You acknowledge that, in the event of any third party claim that the Services or your possession and use of the Services infringes that third party's intellectual property rights, Visage Payroll, not Apple, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim.
- Legal Compliance: You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a "terrorist supporting" country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
- Third Party Terms of Agreement: You must comply with any applicable third party terms of agreement when using the Services, e.g., if you are using a VoIP application, then you must not be in violation of their wireless data service agreement when using the Services.
- Third Party Beneficiary: You acknowledge and agree that Apple and Apple's subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of this Agreement, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Agreement, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce the Agreement against you as a third party beneficiary thereof.
- 4.1 Use with a Mobile Device.
- 5. Electronic Filing and Payment of Payroll Tax
You must have a current subscription to the applicable Visage Payroll Service in order to electronically file and pay your payroll taxes ("Transaction") using the Service. Your tax form will be forwarded to our Electronic Filing Center where we will convert it to a standardized format and transmit it to the applicable federal and/or state taxing authority (the "Electronic Filing Services"). You are responsible for verifying the status of your Transaction to confirm that it has been received and accepted by the applicable taxing authority, and if necessary, for filing and paying it manually in the event that the taxing authority rejects your Transaction (e.g., invalid payment schedule, invalid employer registration number). Except to the extent required by applicable law, we have no obligation to store, maintain or provide to you any information you provide to use, and you agree to print and save a copy of your Transaction for your records. By using this system to prepare and submit your Transaction, you consent to the disclosure to the IRS and any other tax or revenue authority of all information pertaining to your use of the Electronic Filing Services. Using the system to prepare and submit your Transaction with state taxing authorities is subject to availability. Some Transactions may go through the Automated Clearing House (the "ACH"), and you agree that your Transactions will be governed by the ACH rules. You warrant to us everything that we must warrant as an ACH Originator, and you accept any liability you or Visage Payroll may incur which is caused by your Transactions. If we tell you that information concerning your Transactions has changed, you must use this corrected information in the future to initiate Transactions. You authorize us to send Transactions, electronically or by any other commercially accepted method, to the appropriate financial institution or taxing authority. You also authorize and direct the institution which holds your demand deposit account, identified when you sign up, or any other account you identify when using the Payroll Service in the future ("Your Account(s)"), to charge each debit to Your Account(s) and pay that amount to the government agency. You authorize us and our agents (if applicable) to enroll you with the appropriate taxing authorities for the purposes of e-filing and e-payment at our discretion. This authorization remains in effect until you notify us that this authorization is revoked. In using the payroll tax electronic filing and payment service you understand that certain features may not be in a final form. As a result, the payroll tax electronic filing and payment service may contain errors, "bugs" and other problems which may result in the failure of your Transaction to be filed or paid with the appropriate taxing authority. You agree that we may contact you in order to assist you with the service and to obtain information needed to determine and fix any error. DISCLAIMER. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE USE OF THE PAYROLL SERVICE TO ACHIEVE YOUR INTENDED PURPOSES, FOR THE PROPER INSTALLATION AND USE OF THE PAYROLL SERVICE AND FOR VERIFYING THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE PAYROLL SERVICE. VISAGE PAYROLL AND ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE PAYROLL SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE PAYROLL SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE.
- 6. Limited Warranty
- 6.1 We warrant to you the accuracy of payroll tax calculations on each pay stub and tax filing prepared using the Service, subject to the following terms and conditions. As your sole and exclusive remedy and our sole and exclusive liability for breach of the foregoing warranty, we will pay all government penalties and interest assessed against you due solely to calculation errors made by the Service. This warranty does not apply to any assessments, penalties or interest resulting from, among other things, your use of the Service to process payroll data for which it is not appropriate (such as foreign payroll), your failure to make and record payroll, tax payments and filings in the manner and on the schedule recommended by us, your failure to enter on the Services website timely and accurate compensation information for your employees, your use of the Service to prepare pay stubs, tax payments or tax filings based in whole or in part on payroll or tax payment information that you calculated or input incorrectly or that you approved after it has been input and presented to you for review, or your failure to file an amended return or make an additional payment to avoid or reduce your penalty or interest after you have received notice from the government or us that you should do so. We will endeavor to post on our website notices of corrections and updates to the Service or to notify you according to the contact information that you provide on the website, which you agree to update promptly with all changes.
- 6.2 In general, we calculate your payroll taxes based on the assumption that the wages you pay to employees (but not payments you make to contractors) are subject to all payroll taxes applicable to your geographical area. For example, we assume that you are subject to federal unemployment tax, although you may not be if you did not pay wages of at least $1,500 in at least one calendar quarter this year or last year. We encourage you to make tax payments in full when due, although some tax agencies do not assess penalties for small payment shortfalls that are made up by the end of a reporting period. In some cases, you can customize the Service for situations such as those described above. In other cases, you may have to make adjustments outside the Service in order to take advantage of certain payroll tax exemptions. We do not warrant that the Service will minimize your payroll taxes automatically.
- 6.3 If you believe you are entitled to payment under this warranty, you must notify customer support as directed on the website as soon as you learn of the mistake (and in no event later than 30 days after the assessment is made). You must include a copy of the government notice. By claiming payment, you authorize us to obtain and review any data files that may be in our possession or control in order to evaluate your claim. You remain responsible for paying any additional tax liability you may owe and providing assistance and additional information as we may reasonably request. This warranty is for your benefit only and is not transferable, and will be null and void if you breach any terms or conditions of this Agreement.
- 7. Federal/State Electronic Services and Electronic Debit Authorization.
- 7.1 I understand that this authorization does not relieve me, as the taxpayer, of the responsibility to ensure that all tax returns are filed and all deposits and payments are made on time. Visage Payroll ("Agent") is authorized to sign and file federal and state employment tax returns transmitted electronically (or in certain circumstances, submitted on paper). I certify that I have the authority to authorize the disclosure of otherwise confidential tax information on behalf of the taxpayer.
- 7.2 Agent is hereby authorized to instruct the IRS and/or the appropriate state agency to withdraw funds from the checking account on file in the amounts specified using Agent's tax payment approval process to pay my federal and state payroll taxes. I agree that approval of all federal and state filings on the Agent's website will constitute my electronic signature declaring, under penalties of perjury, that I have examined each return (including any accompanying schedules and statements) and to the best of my knowledge and belief each is a true, correct and complete return. All of the foregoing authorizations will remain in full force until Agent or I terminate electronic services.
- 7.3 Agent is hereby authorized to initiate debit entries to my checking account on file and to credit the same to that account. I acknowledge that Agent will withdraw funds, in the amounts specified using Agent's paycheck approval process, and transfer them to my designated employee accounts for the purpose of paying my employees. In the event of an error, I hereby authorize Agent to credit such account to offset the error.
- 8. Online Data Transfer (not applicable for Software and Trial versions that do not include access to the Online Data Transfer feature).
You may have the option to transfer your data files from the Service in order to facilitate certain interoperability, data integration, and data access between the Service and certain supported ancillary services (the "Ancillary Services") you may sign up for and use in connection with the Service (the "Online Data Transfer"). Separate fees may apply. In order for you to select the Online Data Transfer option, you must (i) have registered select versions of the Service, (ii) have Internet access, and (iii) and may need to be an active subscriber to the Ancillary Services. If you select the Online Data Transfer option, a copy of all or part of your company data files will be transferred via the Internet to Visage Payroll's servers (the "Transferred Files"); where you grant Visage Payroll the right and license to (i) host and maintain the Transferred Files and (ii) use the Transferred Files to make the Ancillary Services available to you, (iii) reformat and manipulate the Transferred Files as reasonably necessary for the data to function with the Ancillary Services. Your original data files will remain in the Service. If you are signed-up for any Ancillary Services that support Online Data Transfer, you will then have the option to have the Transferred Files sent to any of those supported Ancillary Services (a "Data Transfer"). If you are no longer signed-up for an Ancillary Service, you will no longer be able to process Online Data Transfers to that Ancillary Service. If you authorize an Online Data Transfer for a third party Ancillary Service, you authorize Visage Payroll to provide the Transferred Files to the third party provider of such Ancillary Service in order to provide the Ancillary Service to you. You agree and acknowledge that Visage Payroll has no control over any third party Ancillary Services. Your use of the Ancillary Service may be subject to additional terms and conditions. Visage Payroll does not have any liability whatsoever for any actions or inactions on the part of the Ancillary Services resulting in your inability to use the Online Data Transfer feature or otherwise use the Ancillary Services in connection with the Service.